Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Let it snow, Let it snow , Let it snow!

OK, Paul, here is a ditty of my own.

The weather outside is frightful,
But Peoria is still delightful.
And if to Flo-ri-da you want to go,
Let me know let me know let me know!

Perhaps not as good as Pauls but I'm trying to keep it real estate related.
Seriously, though, I just love these snow days. All the kids in the neighborhood get together and do some serious playing. Today they built a snow castle and shared lunch with the Polo's across the street. John got home early and took Jim sledding on Carriage Hill while Jenniffer and I were snowbabies and listened quietly to music inside where its toasty.

It is so easy to forget to take time and smell the roses.. these snow days are the perfect opportunity to do so. I admit I was as impatient as anyone last December during Peoria's seriously deficient road-clearing performance... but when it comes right down to it what is so damned important? There you are in your nice warm home with your family. Hopefully you had a stroke of foresight to stock the refrigerator the day before. Why can't we sit back and just enjoy? Slowly we are becoming conditioned to have 16 balls juggling in the air at all times. It really is up to us to make an individual decision to try to slow things down and not let life race past us.

OK time to stop blogging and go stoke the fire!

Diane

6 comments:

SP said...

John Mayer!!!

Went to the John Mayer concert last weekend at US Cellular Coliseum in Bloomington. First time I've been there - its nice but smaller than I had expected.. thought it would be more like Peoria Civic Center. John was awesome! We had 8th row seats. He's so cute and talented!

SP said...

Cirque du Soleil!!

This Friday we'll be going to Cirque du Soleil in the arena at the Civic Center. It's been over 10 years since I've seen a Cirque du Soleil - so I'm excited to see how it is.

SP said...

Warmer Weather..

Don't get me wrong, I like winter probably more than most people and I even enjoy the snow.... but I am over winter now and can't wait to hangout at the pool at Wedgewood, Willow Knolls Y or Arrowhead. Soon we'll be running to soccer practices/games, swim practice/meets, baseball games... I can't wait!!

Diane Vespa said...

Hey sp,

I'm jealous. I would have loved to have seen John Mayer. Jenniffer would have loved to have seen him too because I am always singing his "Daughters" song to her but his concert was a little past her bedtime. (She's just 4!)

Diane Vespa said...

Warmer weather..

Holy heck, sp, if you were sick of the icky weather on the 25th I can't imagine how you must be feeling today. I look forward to the day when I can go to bed without my feet feeling like they are frozen in a block of ice. I think a James Buffett party is in order!

Diane Vespa said...

Warmer weather..

Holy heck, sp, if you were sick of the icky weather on the 25th I can't imagine how you must be feeling today. I look forward to the day when I can go to bed without my feet feeling like they are frozen in a block of ice. I think a James Buffett party is in order!