Thursday, May 3, 2007

Spider Man III - Can't wait to see it!

So Spidey Man 3 debutes tonight! Word on the street is that teenagers are seeing it at midnight. I'm not really one to have any interest in violent movies but something about these Spidey Series are really addicting! It could be the bumbling charm of Tobey Maguire, or perhaps the sultry innocence of Dunst. Not sure, but our whole family is hooked. I'm rather conflicted, because my pre-schoolers are determined to see it. Hopefully DCFS doesn't read my blog as I disclose that both of my Kids have seen Spidey I and II. Would that be illegal? I hear III is the most violent ever. Oh what's a Mom to do?

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Diane,
I keep debating it, too, my kids are older, 12 and 13, so I'm not so worried about it being PG-13, as I am the mixed reviews.
I'll let you know what I think if we see it this weekend.
There is something wonderful about the Tobey Maguire/Kirsten Dunst combo, which is funny, because neither is classicly attractive, but both are appealing.

Jennifer said...

Diane,
I did take the kids to see the movie, but I dropped them off (group of 13 year olds) and picked them back up, so I didn't see it myself. They did enjoy it, but they aren't the most critical of an audience.
Jennifer

Diane Vespa said...

At that age they really don't have a whole lot to say to us anyway do they? My kids asked me all weekend when we were going to see it... and I just can't seem to accept the idea of taking pre-schoolers. I'll let you know if I weaken. Thanks for your comments.
;-)

Timothy Carter said...

It's not bad - a 7 out of 10. Not as good as the first two, but still very entertaining and with a really good message packed into it. Do take your kids. The one thing that's great about all three movies is that the violence isn't just there for its own sake - it serves the story, and you see the consequences. In Spider-Man 3 Peter turns bad with the new black costume, and the audience clearly sees the consequences of his bad decisions. Maybe kids will pick up on that, maybe not, but you could do a heck of a lot worse.