Sunday, June 17, 2007

Parade of Homes...

Peoria is fortunate to have several extraordinary builders in the area, and one of my favorite events of the year is the Peoria Home Builders Association annual Parade of Homes. This event offers our area home builders a chance to showcase their amazing talents by featuring 45 of their beautiful newly-constructed homes open to the public! The homes are open from 1-5 pm on Saturday and Sunday, June 16-17 & 23-24, 2007. As much as I love the event, it seems that I always end up depressed. Ordinarily, I am very content with my life, but after seeing all these gorgeous glammed up decorated-to-the-hilt showcase homes, I suddenly feel inadequate. My home is definately not as clean as the messiest of these, and although I love our decor, I'm as sure as the nose on my face our home won't be in any magazine anytime soon. So I'm driving home calculating morgage payments inside of my head, and coming up with my most pursuasive zingers to use against, uh, I mean to discuss with my hubby. At this point I'm pretty much convinced that we have GOT to move or I will spontaneously combust. I pull in to our driveway, and there are the loves of my life splashing happily in their toddler pool... not a care in the world. All of a sudden, it occurs to me that things are pretty darn good the way they are. I'm back to Plan A!

No comments: