Saturday, August 25, 2007

I am having an emotional affair...

I confess. Here it is in black and white: Redbook, August 2007, "When you share your innermost thoughts, funny jokes, and interesting personal experiences, save them up and spill to someone other than your spouse, you are having an emotional affair." So folks, there it is. Up until now, I thought blogging was just innocent fun, but thanks to Redbook, the light has now been shed on my sinful ways. So lest I be judged as a harlot, I will now limit my comments and posts to facts and statistics. No longer will readers be privy to any of my personal thoughts, and jokes are purely out of the question. I request that you adhere to these new procedures when commenting, likewise. Thank you for your cooperation.

9 comments:

Floyd said...

So, like, what are you wearing? 8-)

Kevin Lowe said...

I don't know about "an emotional affair." Perhaps it's more like "group therapy." I'm sure Freud would be proud.

WLW said...

Okay... In an age where people are interacting less and less in any meaningful manor, RedBook is now comparing such interaction with your fellow humand beings to an affair?

Ummm... That makes no sense what-so-ever. What is the proper way to live according to them? Lock yourself and your spouse in a little air tight box for life? Is that what they thing marital bliss is all about?

If that is marital bliss, maybe that is why I am still single at my age... I like communicating with people.

reno said...

Oh. My. God! You internet Jezebel!

Honestly, keep posting, plzkthx.

PeoriaIllinoisan said...

Oh great. Now what the hell am I going to post about?

Chef Kevin said...

To think that I have been cheating on myself for the last two years..I must now go put a scarlett keyboard on all my shirts.

Jennifer said...

Does this mean you'll send us all flowers for Valentine's day? If so, I like tulips.

Diane Vespa said...

Carnations... that's the best I can do. There are just so many of you! ;-)

awannabe said...

Trust me, a blog isn't an emotional affair! don't worry lol.