Wednesday, October 10, 2007

From the mouths of babes...

Yesterday I was waiting at the bus stop with my K-gartner and we saw a big cricket. He asked "Mommie is that a good cricket or an evil cricket?" I thought about it for a minute and replied "Honey that would be a good cricket because animals and bugs don't have the ability to think evil thoughts.. only humans do". After pondering a moment he further inquired "Then will that cricket go to Heaven?" "Yes, Sweetie, he will." I figure somewhere there must be a cricket Heaven. Then out of the blue "Mommie where do bad people go when they die?" Geez, this is getting tough. "Sweetie, if people make bad decisions all their lives and are mean to other people and have never asked the Lords forgiveness then when they die they will go to Hell." "What is Hell?" "It's a really bad place that you never want to be". His little face became visibly upset. "Whats wrong, Sweetie?" I asked. "Mommie, I think I'm going to go to Hell"! OK, I guess I need to change some of my dialogue with him.

2 comments:

My Flock Rocks! said...

Wow! That's a hard one...I thought we are living in hell right now, and when we die we all go to heaven except for my ex-husband who can rot in hell! :)

tsheets said...

Ouch!