Monday, November 19, 2007

So funny I forgot to laugh..


The call came this morning about 9:00am. Caller: Um, yeah, uh, your real estate sign is in my front yard with about 6 others. Do you want to come pick it up? Got it - I know the drill. Soon enough, I'll get another call from a Seller whose sign is missing. That call predictably comes a few hours later. So as I'm driving North of town to retrieve my abducted sign, I am not amused. As sure as the nose on my face if I interview the home-owner of the sign recipient he will report that there are teenagers in the home with a greater than 90% probability that they are on some sports team or club. To them, its just tooooo cute when they have the collective idea to steal a bunch of real estate signs and stick them in Johnnies yard and make it look like his house is for sale. Ha ha haha, I'm just laughing so hard I can't stand it. Haven't they ever heard of ding dong ditch? What's wrong with that? These thoughts cross my mind as I pull up in front of the first callers Dunlap home... a home that from the looks of it must have at least 13 bathrooms!

I retrieve my sign and begrudgingly drive it back to its rightful location and pound it back in to the ground, all the while trying to keep the freezing rain off my back and thoughts of the little valedectorian prince and princes dashing off to basketball practice in their parents Cadillac Escalade out of my head.

Driving home, I start fantasizing ways in which to handle the next call. An ideal scenario would be to arrive at the home with a uniformed police officer in tow. Ask the parent if there are any teenagers in the home, and the names of their best friends. Then, interview the "suspects" at the same time in separate rooms. Retrieve all the facts of the shenanigans and the fun begins. Hmmm, shall I pursue this criminally, civilly or both? Perhaps we can reach an agreement before charges are filed. Let's see. I don't file a criminal complaint - and in exchange the brat does my sign work for one year!

5 comments:

peoriaillinoisan said...

You need a security camera mounted on those babys!

My Flock Rocks! said...

I agree with PI :)

Brad Carter said...

Ummm...would you consider loaning one of your signs then? Come next April 1, I'd love to put a sign in my own yard to freak out the neighbors. We have an agreement that none of can move away unless we can all move away.

Jennifer said...

Oh, but I like the pic....

Jennifer

SidneysMom said...

Diane - I probably still have that picture!