Sunday, February 17, 2008

In Entertainment News...


I have finally reached the point where I can forgive Angelina Jolie for taking Brad Pitt away from Jennifer Aniston. It was a long arduous journey, but I think I'm finally there. In hindsight, I might have been a wee bit jealous. Today I snagged a discarded "Star" at Golds Gym and opened it up to see a pic of an absolutely beaming Jolie on Brad's arm and supposedly pregnant with twins. That is when it hit me. Despite all the speculation, they are in this for the long haul. For the sake of all their kids, I sure hope they can keep it together. Afterall, Brad had said publicly for a long time that all he wanted was a family and LOTS of kids. It was getting increasingly hard to imagine Jennifer giving him that. From personal experience I know the desperate measures people are willing to take to be parents so now I forgive him.

Reading tabloids is one of my few vices and although I am no longer willing to pay good money for them I AM willing to hurdle over multiple eliptical trainers and stairmasters to claim one that someone walks away from. Today though, while reading, it felt a little different. In the past I could somehow feel I was reading about my peers. In some weird cosmic kind of way it seemed that any of those people could have been me or vice versa. Now, almost overnight, I feel like I'm reading about my KIDS!

The Mom in me wants to tell the paparazzi to leave Britney Spears the f*** alone and invite Nicole Richie and the Olsen Twins over for meatball sandwiches. I want to file a DCFS report against the Hilton family for prostituting their daughter. I want to hit a Target and buy a few family packs of high rise brief panties to send to young starlets with a note warning them that no one will buy the cow if they can get the milk for free. I want to tell reality show participants that the United States of America is usually laughing at them and not with them, and yes, I want to tell Posh Spice that if she doesn't smile soon her face will crack. If I had what she had I'd be laughing my *ss off pretty much all the time.

Finally, one nagging question. What is Lindsay Lohan's natural hair color? Can someone please tell me that!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hmmm... I think it's red. It's sad, she was such a cute little girl (remember the movie with the twins?)

I totally agree with you about the mother instinct kicking in. I want to shake some of those girls, tell them to pull it together, get their head of their ass, etc. It's just sad to see someone with potential and so many advantages making such crappy decisions.

Lola Takes Pictures said...

lol! you crack me up! i'm with you on the olsen twins but could care less about anyone else. that doesn't keep me from leafing through the tabloids at the supermarket though. ;)

newsanchormom.com said...

I did an internship in L.A. years ago. I think it was 1997. Anyway, I was in charge of greeting all the guests on the morning show and talking to them before their live interviews. One of those people was Lyndsay Lohan. Her mom was with her. She was a little girl with freckles and bright red hair. She was talking about the Parent Trap re-make that Jennifer mentioned. That was a cute movie. Anyway, she's a red head.