Sunday, April 6, 2008

Be careful what you wish for...

Had to chuckle at this story as told by my brother, a tough Chicago area cop. Sometimes he forgets at home that he's not on duty. Their family was having dinner along with a neighborhood friend (about 12 years old). My brother has always been quite the health nut and he insisted that the friend eat some of the broccoli offered along with the main course. The friend objected but my persuasive brother insisted. "Just try a little bit".

My bro must have appeared as quite the imposing figure to the little guy as he dutifully complied. Shortly thereafter he started shifting nervously in his seat and turned a few shades of green. Yes you guessed it. He gave a mighty heave ho, and up came the broccoli and the rest of his dinner all over the kitchen floor. If you are reading this, Stevey boy, I hope you learned your lesson!

5 comments:

East Bluff Barbie said...

Every time we cook broccoli, we make our kids try it because tastes change. My youngest practically dry heaves before it even reaches his plate. At least we haven't had a broccoli regurgitation. :)

Diane Vespa said...

Hmmm... maybe broccoli has some as-of-yet-undiscovered e-coli properties to it. Lol!

Jennifer said...

I do try to persuade my kids to try a bite of things, but I do think I'd rather see something left on a plate than upchucked on my floor....

(Oh, and some people are genetically predisposed to disliking broccoli. Seriously, it can taste really bitter to people with certain taste receptors.)

Anonymous said...

diane my sister barfed up her asparagus once, all over her dinner plate! Dad never made her eat asparagus again.

Debbie Gizzi said...

Believe me he doesn't make anyone else's kids eat thier vegtables! And by the way guess who had to clean it up.

Love,
Your sister-in-law who has always had to clean the poop and puke for the big tough cop.