Thursday, July 10, 2008

President George W. Bush to visit P-Town


OK maybe his approval ratings aren't the greatest but I am still psyched that the President of the United States is visiting our humble little town. How cool is that? Here is the full story. My apologies to the PJStar for stealing their photo. We just don't have the $5K they are looking for to snap our own.

Anyhoo, John and I are kicking this around a little bit and he says he is definitely in, so that is $500 bucks out of the old checking account. So then I have to decide if we wanna pony up a cool $1K for me to go too. I wonder if they would consider a 2 for 1 deal? Hmmmm.. I wonder if we could get credit for any campaign contributions already made to the Schock campaign? And I wonder whose "private residence" it is? I'd offer up our digs if we didn't have to spend the thousand bucks.

Then the Journal Star reports that a pic with the Prez is $4,500 bucks, and when I refreshed the page it is up to $5000. I understand inflation but that's ridiculous. I wonder what the chances would be of getting a quickie snapshot with my Krazer?

And would Aaron have to pay himself $4,500 for a pic with the Prez, or will that be thrown in as a freebie? Maybe he'll get like a 50% off deal.

All these questions. If anyone gets any of the details on this little gig please post them here. I'm wondering how many people they expect. Will it be standing room only or a cozy little fireside chat? Somethin tells me we are going to be $1,000 poorer to find out.

7 comments:

newsanchormom.com said...

Wow! $5,000 for a picture. Yikes! If you go, it will be something you will always remember. That's for sure!

O'Brien's Briar Patch said...

I have told many people if you get to see any American president speak in person, take the chance if it exists regardless of party affiliation.

Years ago I got to see Pres. Bush I speak and it was one of the most exciting things I've been able to see.

I'd go see Bush II speak if possible in a minute. There is just something special about seeing a president speak.

Mistress of the Post said...

You must post all about this, so others that have frugal husbands can live vicariously through you!

Diane Vespa said...

Mistress... we figure on our death bed are we going to look back and wish we hadn't spent that $1K to see the President of the United States? Hell no! the kids would just spend that extra $1000 of their inheritance on video games for their kids. Lol!

Michael said...

Since there is no way I want Schock to represent me I won't give him money.

Peoria AntiPundit said...

I would love to see President Bush......... convicted.

Diane Vespa said...

test