Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Restaurant of the Year is....



Popeye's Fried Chicken! Yup, that's right. I love the stuff. Especially the extra spicy! Above is a photo of the owner, Sal. He is always there working the register. He makes his customers feel like a million bucks. See the smile on his face? It never changes - no matter who you are! Today, a gal came up a little short on the meal she ordered. Sal says "How much ya got?" It was good enough. She got her chicken. This guy has more than satisfied customers. He has raving fans! All high school kids should have to watch this guy in action as a requirement for graduation. Popeye's is located at 1800 N. Knoxville Avenue, Peoria.

10 comments:

PeoriaIllinoisan said...

Only you could get them to do that pose.

Ch Yah said...

It looks like you might be their favorite customer in return:)

Diane Vespa said...

No, he is like that all the time! Seriously! Check it out.

ImaSwede said...

You are too funny!! Thank God you are in Peoria! You light up so many lives!

ImaSwede said...

You are too funny!! Thank God you are in Peoria! You light up so many lives!

What's Shaking said...

You are right on Sal is awesome ! I came away from there thinking more business in town should take a lead from him.

JennyWo said...

I haven't been to Popeye's in years. I'm gonna have to go sometime..hopefully Sal will be there so I can check him out. :o)

Anonymous said...

Need I remind you of your April 3, 2007 post re: Fast Food Nation? How soon we forget. Are you going to supersize that?


KLS

Nomer said...

I prefer Church's, but since I live much closer to Popeye's it's a standby. Good stuff!

Diane Vespa said...

Ugh, KLS, (my evil sis) you got me. I wish so bad I could be a vegetarian. I did it for a year before my son was born and I never felt better.

I have found it is really hard to maintain a vegetarian diet with kids around. Who would eat all the leftover food on their plates!!! THanks for the reminder though.