Saturday, August 2, 2008

Sitemeter giving Blogger readers fits...

If you had trouble logging on to some blogger sites as well as Peoria.com, it appears to be a new sitemeter coding error that needs to be worked out. Thanks to Joe, from Peoria.com, for identifying the problem.

Sitemeter's new j********* code has been causing some people problems. If your blog uses Sitemeter and it's not loading, Sitemeter is probably the cause. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon, but wanted to put this out there so others didn't spend the time trying to figure out what was going on...

Joe further asserts:
I'm assuming they'll fix it sooner or later...I've been doing Google searches and it looks like Sitemeter has caused maybe tens of thousands of sites to go down because of it. That's enough reason for me to take it off of P.com permanently...

It appears this only affects users that are using Internet Explorer as their browser.

Bloggers to correct this problem must go in to their dashboard settings and remove the code on their blog for sitemeter.

The question remains as to when it can be re-installed. Also the question remains as to why the software at Peoria.com auto-blanked out the j********* word.

2 comments:

newsanchormom.com said...

I have blooger and sitemeter and had this problem. It has been so frustrating! It works now. I don't know why or for how long, but I guess I know how to fix it. Thanks a ton for the heads up! I was ready to take the computer in tomorrow because everything looked fine on my husband's blackberry (must not use internet explorer!)
What a relief!

Raising my kids RIGHT said...

thank God for Firefox!