Thursday, August 7, 2008

Upcoming candidate debates...

From my Peoria Chamber of Commerce Report:

18th District Congressional Candidate Forum

Aaron Schock / Coleen Callahan / Sheldon Shafer

Date: September 10, 2008
Time: 7:30 - 9:00am (Yes, this is in the morning and not a typo!)
Location: Hotel Pere Marquette

and

92nd And 106th District State Representatives Candidate Forum
Jehan Gordon / Joan Krupa / Keith Sommer / TomShrier

Date: September 17, 2008
Time: 7:30 - 9:00am
Location: Heartland Partnership Board Room, 100 SW Water, Peoria

The time for rhetoric is over. I look forward to some real discussion, on real issues. So, Yay to whoever put this together. Looks like the sponsor is 1470 WMBD .

But seriously, dude, what is up with these early mornings? Sheesh. I'll try to be there but no promises at THAT un-Godly hour.

2 comments:

i do not know me said...

This schedule disenfranchises nocturnal-Americans! We need Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton to lead a protest march to fight this injustice!

Diane Vespa said...

Nocturnal Americans! Too funny. I'll have to remember that one. I AM a nocturnal American.