Sunday, September 28, 2008

Blogging is ruining my life plus lovely fall photos!

Well, maybe that's a little overly dramatic, but I have decided to lay off blogging for a little while I get some things in order. The house is a mess, it seems our daughter is going to need some extra help with the 3R's, we have to totally update our business websites, and worst of all, I think my a$$ is spreading. A little Internet detox is in order.

In the meantime I am going to leave you with some beautiful images of Tanners Orchard in Speers, Illinois. We have gone there every year since the kids were born and they never seem to get sick of it. PeoriaIllinoisan seems to prefer Christ Orchard so I gave him my reassurance that we would definitely check that out in October and report back.

I hope during my brief respite my friends will consider "guest blogging" and share their stories, opinions (and I know you all got 'em!), pictures, jokes, and juicy gossip. Some are already authorized users, and if you aren't, just shoot me an e-mail to dianevespa@yahoo.com and I'll make ya one. So enough of that.

Last Wednesday while the Peoria District 150 faculty "collaborated" (something about that sounds sinister), I decided to take advantage of the early dismissal and took the kids to Tanners Orchard in Speer, IL. To get to the orchard, just hop on Knoxville (Hwy. 40) and head North about 20 miles.



As you arrive, the Marketplace greets you with samples of fresh apples, cider, corn relishes, chips and dips, fresh baked goods and so much more. The Kids will try stuff here that they wouldn't even consider at home.




There are lots of activities to keep the kids busy, but if your kids are older, they will most likely insist you pony up the admission cost to the giant playground and corn maze.



There is a real school bus parked on the property where the kids can pretend drive as the other kids shout obscenities and throw stuff from the back seat.




The corn maze is an all-time favorite. The kids are supposed to run through it but mostly they run on top of it.



New this year is the gem mining.



There are so many options its just dang hard to decide where to go next!



Don't forget to bring mosquito repellent, and if you go on a weekday afternoon the play area is a little cheaper, and its not as crowded.



Enjoy!

3 comments:

PeoriaIllinoisan said...

Apples?

Those giant windmills are cool, aren't they!?

Anonymous said...

I will miss your blog. Good luck getting everything in order.:)

Christi said...

Your blog about Tanners is what I remember it to be. I hope we can do a get together there (or somewhere in the same fashion) before it gets too cold.

I will miss you too Di.. Don't stay away too long and whatever you do, keep me in mind if you need a friend. No matter what iron's sitting in coals here it can wait.. for you.

Much love,

Christi