Thursday, October 2, 2008

Things I learned at last night's bloggers bash - updated 2X!

Every bloggers bash seems to take on a unique personality of its own and last night's was no exception. Here are a few miscellaneous tidbits I picked up at the bash last night.

1. CJ feels that the US President should fly commercial airliners and not Air force 1.

2. Brad Carter is surprisingly capable of talking about things other than politics

3. I am not

4. Scabies are contagious

5. Billy talks just like he writes

6. PI does not like to talk about work outside of work

7. DeWayne Bartels is kinda shy in a cute sort of way.

8. If you tell Jamie Markley to be somewhere at 6:00 he will be there at 6:00 and that's it.

9. Eyebrows McGee works too much

10. It would be a good idea to bring ear plugs to future bashes.

11. Jen from Keep passing the Open Windows does not know the URL of her blog

12. If a guy watches his own kids it is not babysitting.

13. Reno is actually normal in person.

14. Some commenter's, to be accurate, should type in ALL CAPS.

15. Men share a common interest in sports, and SUPER HERO'S

16. Ramble-on occasionally walks on the [conservative] dark side.

17. Katie is going to have to change the name of her blog!

I hope I didn't tick anyone off. This was all in good fun. Feel free to add your own!

I had a great time, and it was an honor to be in the company of yins.

12 comments:

C. J. Summers said...

Re: #1. Are your pants actually on fire? Because they should be.

Angie said...

I'm so sorry I missed it!!! I promise that next time, I will block out my calendar. Maybe a non-Tuesday night blogger bash for all those that missed out????

Angie said...

I'm so sorry I couldn't make it. How about another one soon and I promise to block out my calendar for this one!!

Katie said...

The ear plugs and commenter getting a blog and typing in all caps is hysterical and could not be more accurate!

Anonymous said...

WHAT??? I COULDN'T HEAR YOU B/C MY EAR DRUMS ARE DAMAGED?? WHAT DID YOU SAY???

JULIE0917

Eyebrows McGee said...

"Some commenter's, to be accurate, should type in ALL CAPS."

BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Jennifer said...

Diane,
Good list. I don't know about #1, must have missed that conversation, but everything else was accurate. Gotta love Reno. And the earplugs, oh, the earplugs were necessary.
My favorite (paraphrased) quote of the night: "You should start a blog. And your posts should be in ALL CAPS!"
Jennifer

Cory said...

This makes me very sad.

tsheets said...

I'm just glad I managed to stay under the radar!!! LOL

Diane Vespa said...

Tsheets wins my vote for best choice of draft beer!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: What obnoxious smartass said that?

Ramble On said...

Dark side (conservative)?? Oh my goodness, where did I fail?