Monday, January 5, 2009

Joan Krupa goes to Springfield


Residents of the 92nd District remained unrepresented today.. for a full 90 minutes. Aaron Schock officially resigned his position as State Representative effective 5:00PM today, but by 6:30PM, Joan Krupa was appointed, approved, and sworn in as his interim replacement. Although she will serve for only 10 days, it appears likely she will arrive in Springfield at a key moment in Illinois government.

All indications are that the State Legislature will move quickly to commence impeachment proceedings against embattled Governor Rod Blagojevich. It seems likely that Joan will participate in that process as well as tender a vote.

The theme of Joan's entire campaign was an emphasis on bringing about respectability and integrity to our state government. When she said that though, I doubt she meant it quite that literally! My best to Joan and her family!

6 comments:

Precinct Committeeman said...

A good time was had by all

Diane Vespa said...

You missed one heckuva party afterwards, PC!

Anonymous said...

What about the picture?

Diane Vespa said...

Huh?

Diane Vespa said...

Will the person making cryptic comments on my blog please just send me an e-mail? Thanks. My e-mail is dianevespa@yahoo.com

P. Wilkinson said...

I was so sorry to miss Joan's Swearing in. I did call her from DC where I was out supporting Aaron. I am glad that she is in, even if only for 10 days and anticipate better services for then than what we'll have the next two years.