Wednesday, March 18, 2009

They just don't write children's books the way they used to.

Remember the good old days of the classic books "Fun with Dick and Jane" and of course "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish Blue Fish"? Apparently, those days are long gone. What has become of our children's literature these days, anyway? Seriously, check out this book title featured in our children's book fair yesterday:



So we either had some really distracted Moms set this puppy up or one with a slightly off-beat sense of humor. It wasn't me, I swear!

My apologies in advance to anyone offended by my humor.

7 comments:

Middle Aged Woman Blogging said...

That will be banned in no time! Buy it quickly because it may be worth money by the time your kids need college funds!

Diane Vespa said...

Spoken like a true American! haha!

dewayne said...

That's a book I can relate too, except I've been called a big one many times.

Diane Vespa said...

That just mean you are doing your job, DeWayne!

Anonymous said...

You know what's funny, at our Book Fair I saw the same thing!! I was laughing as I moved the other books to reveal the actual name of the book..."Little Prickles".

Diane Vespa said...

I did point it out to one of the other Moms amidst a giggling fit, but I don't think she thought it was as funny as I did! Kind of says something about my sense of humor. Oh well.

Jennifer said...

Good eye. That is hysterical.