Friday, April 3, 2009

The perfect home staging colors

In an increasingly competitive real estate market, it is more important than ever that your home is priced properly and staged to sell.

Here is a link to a pallet of colors most recommended for "home staging" by Sherwin Williams. These colors are warm and inviting and appeal to a wide range of tastes.

I have always advised my Sellers that painting is the cheapest, easiest way to add value to your home and prepare it for sale. Many of the new loan programs will disqualify your home if there is any chipped or peeling paint. Egg-shell whites are OUT, breezy earthy tones are in!

Hat tip: Bobbie Jo Ward, RE/MAX Unlimited

2 comments:

The Mrs. said...

I think my home's previous owners were in on this. Looking at those swatches was like a snapshot of my house.

dewayne said...

Geez, home buyers must be a really drab bunch.