Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Peoria Times Observer now delivered with PJStar in 61614 area code

This morning as usual I opened up my daily PJStar, and lo and behold, there was a Times Observer inside! I tried to figure out if this had happened somehow by chance, or if it was a new method of delivery.

So I e-mailed my Facebook buddy and Time Observer editor DeWayne Bartels and asked him to shine a little light on this phenomenon.

DeWayne replied that the Times Observor is now being delivered inside the 61614 area code. It is an experiment, for now, he said.

I like it! You know the idea of 2 newspapers working together in cooperation to face a tough economic environment kind of warms the cockles of my heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

but can it really be considered 2 since they are owned by the same company? But I do miss reading the observer while eating dinner on Wed nights. We only get the pjs on weekends.